23 September 2013

Amsterdam - Scrapbook Layout

Amsterdam - Scrapbook Layout


I have visited Amsterdam several times in my life but I hardly took photos the past years. This summer I had the chance to take some great photos of some famous buildings and canals. I just love this city. Amsterdam is the capital and the most popolous city of the Netherlands. The city is very old and the name Amsterdam is actually the short version of "Amstelredamme", a dam in the river Amstel.
I made this scrapbook layout with the "Marks & Co" kits by Studio Calico. I especially love the golden washi tape with the name "Lilith" on it. Lilith is a hebrew name for a figure in the Jewish mythology and "Lilith" reminds me of all the jewish people who lived in Amsterdam during World War 2. The most discussed jewish victim of the Holocaust was Anne Frank. She was a jewish girl who had to go into hiding during The Second World War to escape the Nazis.